Spilled coffe, stripped it down, now how can I clean it?
So, I tired to turn it on and it wouldn't. After eliminating any possibilities I decided to check the inside when I realized that the battery was covered in coffe. As it seems, my mum spilled some (and didn't tell me until now) and whipped it off assuming it wouldnt do any harm. I was away for 5 or so hours and that is when I came upon the damaged MBP.
I have removed the logic board, which has coffee residues, as well as the DC connector and the battery. All of these are now left to fully dry.
My question is what can I use to clean this up once its dry, and what are the chances of my MBP actually working once I put it back together?
Thanks in advance.
Dried it, cleaned it with Isopropyl alcohol, new thermal grease and all bits are back together. It wont star when using the power button so we are jump starting it.
The keyboard is fried. Managed to jump start the laptop and started testing. As I mentioned before, the keyboard is not working but the kb backlight is. Also, no sound from the speakers, but when I plug my headphones it works.