How to differentiate between a hardware Failure or a broken firmware?
How can I differentiate if my computer has a broken firmware or a hardware problem?
1. Not able to go into Safe mode
2. Not able to reset SMC
3. Not able to reset NVRAM
4. Have to press the power button a few times to start-up
1. Clean installed Os X versions 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 the problem remains in all of them
2. checked file permissions and ALL OK except Safari permission (not getting repaired)
3. Disk verification: ALL OK
My Boot ROM version is MB71.0039.BOE
SMC version: 1.60f6
I am also not able to find the Apple's Boot ROM recovery CD from their website... :(
Any help or guidance will be very appreciated.