Dock melted a spot on cover and smells like burnt. Won't hold charge
I had placed my iPod to charge on a docking station. Noticed battery was dead when looking closely at it it had a spot on the front cover like it got too hot and melted. Took it to apple they said all is fine inside but not to use the same dock again and that the battery just got way to hot when charging. Not holding a charge now and my iPod is all I have with my music, pc crashed don't want to hinder loosing my music. Can anyone help me I'm afraid to ruin it.