Why does my computer turn off after a few minutes run time?
My acer fires up fine,but within a few minutes it shuts down
This particular model of aspire use a SIS chipset with a passive heat cooler, with a gray heat silicone rubber instead the usual heat transfer paste. This gray silicone loses all the termal conductive properties in 36 months, becoming only a rubber patch increasing the core temperature in your laptop, elevating the core temperature to 100°C or more. The only fix is tearing apart the laptop, clean the passive chipset cooler of the gray silicone pad, and put instead a great quantity of new and effective heat transfer silicone or silver thermal paste (better). I've made this procedure on a 5003wlmi with excellent results, lowering the core temp to 50°C.
See if you place a small board about 2" high and 2" wide across the back (battery) see if that helps... you also might remove the plastic cover from the MEMORY chips.. see if that helps.
My memory cover had a piece of plastic glued over it... no air movement, removed the plastic, and with the board NO MORE SHUTDOWN due to HEAT.
Perhaps you have a bad battery, try removing it, then plugging it into a charger and running it without the battery. If it works after this, then you should try cleaning your battery terminals on both the computer and battery, and/or just replace the battery.
지난 24시간: 0
지난 7일: 2
지난 30일: 8
전체 시간: 2,778