Where can I find these parts?
Watching movie...loud pop...MacBook dead...slight burnt aroma.
These 2 components, which can be seen in attached photo, seem to have popped:
1) Polarized, rectangular, black and marked "33 / 1E2N" (lower left center of photo)
2) Dark grey, square and marked "4.7 UH / 1250AC (upper right of photo)
I would like to ask:
1) What these parts are and whether their failure seems like just an isolated failure or
whether it clearly indicates a larger problem that caused their failure.
2) Where can I obtain exact replacements and/or equivalent parts?
3) Might you know the size of the Torx-looking tool you need for the case screws. I
made a tool by filing the end of a large paper clip but think I need a proper one.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I DID upload a photo but didn't realize that it wasn't added.
The tools and ability to effect the repair are not an issue. I know someone who has the necessary equipment.
After Cleaning picture