Repair cracked screen myself
How do I take my Polaroid P 902 apart to fix the screen? my screen is cracked and it won't respond to my touch.
so i tried to look for a video guide, but i have been unable to come across one for this specific device. below are the steps for a generic disassembly of a tablet.
1) Remove any sim cards, SD cards, Cables, And other external hardwares
2) look for a seam. somewhere where two panels connect all the way around. This can be on the front face, on the sides, OR on the back.
3) upon finding the seam wedge your spudger into the seam and carefully work your way around it, popping the clips as you go around. be gentle around ports and buttons,as you can cause damage to them. also be cautious not to snag or tear flex cables that may be inside.
4) After removing the back panel, disconnect all flex ribbons. be gentle, and use your spudger. metal tools can damage connectors and flex ribbons. START with the battery, as this sends power to the board. operating on a powered board is ameteurish and can cause serious damage
5) remove all screws from the motherboard, and remove the board itself.
6) remove the battery from the frame. it is usually adhered pretty tightly.hot air and isopropyl/Ethyl are both invaluable for this step to go smoothly if they are. sometimes however, the battery will be on a frame, and screwed into the frame. in that case, unscrew and remove the battery.
at this point you can move onto removing the digi.
7) heat up a corner of the digi enough to losen the adhesive. Slide a pick into it. (i use a Razer Blade for this step
8) move up to a guitar pick, and slide it in. while heating up along the sides, follow the heat with your pick, lifting the adhesive as it loosens. be sure not to damage anything while doing this. excess heat can burn the LCD, and too little heat makes it difficult to remove.
at this point, you can install the new digi.
9) clean the LCD of all dirt and debris.
10) remove the film on the adhesive around the digi (assuming the part you buy comes with it) if your part does not come with preinstalled adhesive, you will need to use your own adhesive, and prepare it accordingly.
11) remove the film covering the inside of the digi, and lay it down on the frame. be sure to get the flex through the designated hole to reach the motherboard.
12) clamp the digi down to allow the adhesive to set for around 10-15 minutes.
From here, follow steps 1-6 Backwards to reassemble the device.
you can also take your device to a professional, and have them do this for you, as they are trained to do it, and have the required experience.
best of luck, and may the force be with you.
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 1
Past 30 Days: 2
All Time: 78