Spilled water on laptop, doesn't charge
Spilled a little water on my laptop air keyboard. Immediately turned it over and dried it with a towel. Now it only works while plugged in but functions fine in every other way. Battery does not charge. Took it to Apple and after opening the were fairly certain it was just the IO board and flex cable so I left it there for a couple of days. They just called back saying it would need a new top case, battery and logic board. Is this there standard approach for everything? Is there a way to diagnose if I can just clean the logic board with alcohol and change the IO assembly?