Dryer stops and rotary selector looses power after about 20 seconds
My Maytag Gas Dryer Model Number MDG4658AWW has a rotary selector to choose mode (Regular/Permanent Press/Delicate) and dry time. When I press on the rotary selector, it starts motor.
The problem is that the motor stops after few seconds, usually half a minute. This happens even if the dryer is on “Air Fluff’ mode, so that the gas burner is not needed and not started.
Following are my findings.
- The rotary selector seems to loose power randomly, sometimes when I am rotating it, the led displays stops showing anything for about 5 seconds, after which they start showing power.
- When the dryer stops, after starting in any mode, the power led blinks.
- I entered the diagnostic mode, and viewed the error codes, it shows “Power Failure” error code. I have to enter diagnostic mode and quickly press the button for error codes, before the above noted LED loss (assumed power loss) occurs again, because if I am not quick enough the whole things resets and I have to enter the diagnostic mode again.
- I tests all components/sensors on the wiring diagram with a multemeter and everything checks out.
- I am thinking it might be a relay on the control board, or the board itself, but there is no burnt component on the circuit board.
좋은 질문 입니까?
Hi @benthefixer ,
What is the model number of the dryer?
You may have to start checking for voltage using the wiring diagram to see where the problem is.
Be careful if you do this as I assume that lethal voltages will be present.
Can you post a picture of the wiring diagram so that others may be able to help?
Here's how to post a picture on ifixit
기존 질문에 이미지 추가하기
Thank you for looking at and advising on my problem. I have added the model number and wiring diagram to the question .
I checked voltage on few random points and it was ok. The behavior of LED lights is the only additional symptom. Do you think it could be a bad Motor Relay on the control board? Can it be tested somehow? There is no sign of damage or burns on the control board.