Dryer stops and rotary selector looses power after about 20 seconds
My Maytag Gas Dryer Model Number MDG4658AWW has a rotary selector to choose mode (Regular/Permanent Press/Delicate) and dry time. When I press on the rotary selector, it starts motor.
The problem is that the motor stops after few seconds, usually half a minute. This happens even if the dryer is on “Air Fluff’ mode, so that the gas burner is not needed and not started.
Following are my findings.
- The rotary selector seems to loose power randomly, sometimes when I am rotating it, the led displays stops showing anything for about 5 seconds, after which they start showing power.
- When the dryer stops, after starting in any mode, the power led blinks.
- I entered the diagnostic mode, and viewed the error codes, it shows “Power Failure” error code. I have to enter diagnostic mode and quickly press the button for error codes, before the above noted LED loss (assumed power loss) occurs again, because if I am not quick enough the whole things resets and I have to enter the diagnostic mode again.
- I tests all components/sensors on the wiring diagram with a multemeter and everything checks out.
- I am thinking it might be a relay on the control board, or the board itself, but there is no burnt component on the circuit board.