Won't power on after egg exploded inside.salvageable or not?
Incredibly stupid but someday I decided putting an egg inside the microwave is a good idea. Started making ugly sounds in a few minutes and I attempted opening the door. Thankfully, backed away since the egg exploded. The fuse tripped for that section, and I restored that. The waveguide cover is cracked. Turned it on a little later (45 min to an hour), the light came on for a bit but then the fuse tripped again so I simply switched off the whole thing. Now it's super-dead.
I could get a new waveguide cover of course but looks like it's possible (though not recommended) to use a microwave without a waveguide cover so perhaps there's bigger issue? Any leads on some basic stuff I could rule out? Thanks much.