Unresponsive Trackpad & Keyboard + Loud Fan (4 Error codes?)
My MacBook has been working marvellously since 2015. However during the past few weeks my trackpad and keyboard have become totally unresponsive. The force touch still clicks (vibrates) yet no response whatsoever. I’ve now plugged in a USB mouse and keyboard and that’s how I use it daily.
The fans sometimes are really loud also so I’ve downloaded TG Pro to manually override this.
Apple hardware diagnostic test Results:
- There may be an issue with the trackpad. NDR001
- There may be an issue with the power management system. Reference code: PPN001
- Additional reference codes: PFM006, NDC001
What I’ve done so far:
- SMC Reset + Pram Reset. This fixed the fan issue temporarily. (Several days later had to manually override the fans as it went out of control again).
- Replaced Trackpad Cable to no avail.
- went on safe mode and issue still persists. Apple store suggest I replace the entire logic board but I’ve opened up to look and see no evidence of corrosion.
TGPro indicate these temperature sensors may not be working properly: Power supply, LCD, ….. Not sure what this means.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.