Black screen after the Switch logo, what are the possible causes?
I bought a broken Switch with the problem aforementioned in the title and am currently trying to repair it, however, I am struggling to determine the cause of the problem, which is why I thought I'd ask.
Other than the title, I have made several observations prior to opening the Switch, which are:
- factory rebooting or updating through the bootup menu do not solve the problem;
- neither does keeping it connected to a power source for several hours;
- when powered on, it gets very hot I one's hands, almost like my old smartphone (IDK if it's normal, I've never owned a Switch before);
- sometimes if connected and force powered off and then powered on once again, it will instead be stuck on the Switch logo forever;
- letting it lose all charge did not solve the problem, but also created another one where the battery does not seem to charge anymore.
Due to the battery behaving the way it does after losing charge, I suspect it is the culprit, but I also wouldn't rule out some motherboard-related issue. From what I've gathered across the Internet, a faulty Wi-Fi part may also be the culprit. I am not sure what to buy as a replacement or how to diagnose in this case, so I thought it would be best to ask what is the most likely problem here. Also, for the future, what kind of tools are best for diagnosing electronics like this? I've been looking at this store's diagnosis module, but I am not sure if this is what I need for the small-scale stuff.