Why does my computer not boot up after installing new RAM?
Hi everyone :)
I am going a bit crazy since I got a new 16gb ram for my laptop and tried to install it. It simply doesn’t boot up and Ive tried every troubleshooting I can think of.
This is what I have:
MSI GS63 Stealth 8RD laptop with one 16gb RAM already installed (Samsung DDR4 SODIMM with 2667MHz speed).
The RAM I bought - CRUCIAL RAM 16gb DDR4 3200MHz CL22 SODIMM
And here are the steps I have taken so far:
- installed new Crucial RAM stick in empty slot 2
- Computer not booting up - I Can ser the battery light on when I connect to charger and the ON/OFF led signal lighting up and staying orange (should change to red when booting up)
- Switched RAM sticks
- Same issue, computer not booting up
- Installed only the new Crucial Ram stick in slot 1 and removed the old one.
- Same issue
- Reinstalled old stick and removed new one (was worried I didn’t connect something after remounting laptop)
- Laptop boots up perfectly (takes a but longer the 1st time, due to no power in computer)
What I was wondering is if the new RAM is causing the issue because it is broken or is not compatible. DDR4 2666MHz but I read that this shouldn’t be a problem as you can adjust the speed to match both rams.
Can anyone tell me if I am missing something here? I believe the new RAM should be compatible but I am not too sure now.
Thanks so much in advance!!
좋은 질문 입니까?