Replacing left front axle shaft
Step by step instructions on how to replace left front axle shaft on the 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Repair guides and support for the first generation Grand Cherokee ZJ, an upscale mid-size SUV built by Chrysler's Jeep division.
Tony Modeski, it would be a lot easier on you to get the service manual. Anyhow, here are the steps. BTW the propeller shaft is the front axle shaft.
(1)Raise and support vehicle on safety stands.
(2) Shift the transmission and transfer case, if necessary, into the Neutral position.
(3) Using a suitable marker, mark a line across the yoke at the transfer case, the link yoke, and propeller shaft yoke at the rear of the front propeller shaft for installation reference.
(4) Mark a line across the propeller shaft yoke, or CV joint, and the pinion shaft yoke, or pinion flange, for installation reference.
CAUTION: Do not loosen lock nut on the CV joint style propeller shaft or collapse the front propeller shaft. Driveline vibration can result.
(5) Remove bolts holding the front universal joint, or CV joint, to the pinion yoke, or flange.
(6) Remove bolts holding rear universal joint to the transfer case yoke.
(7) Separate the rear universal joint from the transfer case yoke.
(8) Push rear of propeller shaft upward to clear transfer case yoke.
(9) Separate front universal joint, or CV joint, from front axle.
(10) Separate propeller shaft from vehicle.
Hope this helps, good luck
지난 24시간: 1
지난 7일: 5
지난 30일: 14
전체 시간: 4,297