If the Pixel 3 XL teardown hasn’t satisfied your teardown tooth, the video team is here to please with the Pixel 3 video teardown!
Check out our Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter for all the latest. For teardowns delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter. Or go directly to iFixit Video on YouTube and like, comment, and subscribe!
Teardown Update: After finding a Samsung-made OLED display in the larger Pixel 3 XL, we dissected the display in our vanilla Pixel 3. Surprise—it's from LG Display!
Rumor has it LG has been working hard to improve its OLED mobile technology—we're curious to see how their new display fares this year!
- The only screws are standard T3 Torx fasteners.
- Repair-friendly stretch-release adhesive secures the battery.
- O-rings and adhesives for waterproofing complicate repairs, but make difficult liquid damage repairs less likely.
- Display repairs are much more difficult than previous models, requiring complete disassembly of the phone.
- To service any component, you'll have to painstakingly un-glue (and later re-glue) the glass rear panel.
- Front and back glass means increased vulnerability to drop damage.
수리 용이성 점수
(10은 가장 쉬운 수리를 뜻합니다)
I’m sure they would have mentioned if it was not.
Sorry for the delay! The Pixel 3 model we got actually had a LG display! We’ve updated the teardown to reflect this.
The Pixel 3 and 3XL phones have LG's POLED displays
해당 안내서 퍼가기
Choose a size and copy the code below to embed this guide as a small widget on your site / forum.