Hi there! I'm David Hoyt, Cal Poly CPE grad and drone aficionado. I have quite a bit of experience with building, flying, and (of course) fixing drones, and would love to share as much of that as I can. You can find more information about me on my LinkedIn.
Some of my copters at iFixit's office in SLO
And now, please allow me to drone on...
- Sepulveda Dam - Filming for Infinity Automotive
- Palmdale Desert - Filming for 'Wish I Was Here' (2014)
- The Japanese Garden, Van Nuys - Filming for Discovery Channel
- Universal Studios Backlot - Filming for T.J. Maxx · Marshalls · HomeGoods
- Built the 'GryzzlBox Delivery Drone' and delivery box mechanism for Parks & Rec (NBC), operated it on set during shooting.
- Three Heavylift Octocopters designed to carry RED Epic cameras (brushless gimbals, wireless video, one built using a H3-3D gimbal for FPV)
- Two Mid-Sized Quadcopters (Brushless gimbals, wireless video, one with autonomous flight)
- Rainbow LED copter with sequenceable RGB LEDs!
- I was in the Drone edition of Make Magazine, and got to visit their headquarters in Sebastopol, CA for a day with Drone Dudes
- Homebuilt two hexacopters and three quadcopters, all Ardupilot based
- Senior project at Cal Poly - Collision Avoidance
- Two fixed wing aircraft, both autonomous, exchanged GPS information and avoided each other's airspace
- I took a drone on a 3500 mile road trip
- M2 and M2.5 Screwdrivers
- Velcro, mounting tape, and zip ties
- 3D Printer