Using a screwdriver didn't work for me to help insert my cable. (I had already lifted the retaining flap with my fingernail.) But once I got the idea (from elsewhere) of using a tab of cellophane (or other) tape as a makeshift "handle" to "grab" the cable and pull it into the socket, I was able to insert it in just a minute or two. I found that it helped to take a 3-inch (or so) piece of tape, no wider than the cable, and to fold about an inch of it back on itself to create a portion that wouldn't stick to the cable. I put the sticky part as far down the cable as I could easily reach, then used the folded-over part as a "handle" and pulled on that. The advantage of folding it over to form the "tab" was that, when I tried unsuccessfully to pull the cable into the socket the first couple times, the tab didn't stick to the cable. (When the unfolded tape stuck to the cable the first couple times, I had to pry it off and start over. With the tab I could just re-align the cable and try again.