해당 위키는 저희 교육 프로그램의 멋진 학생이 작성하였습니다. iFixit 직원이 관리하지 않습니다.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Troubleshooting
Released 10 October 2013, Model number SM-P600.
- Weak Wi-Fi Connection
- Frozen Screen
- Tablet Overheating
- Tablet Fails to Charge
- Bluetooth Not Syncing
Weak Wi-Fi Connection
The Wi-Fi on the tablet has a slow or intermittent connection.
Overloaded internet connection
In order to fix a slow connection, you can reset the modem or router. If that does not work, reposition the router and modem closer to you. Make sure there are not too many devices on at the same time. Sometimes, the internet connection is slow because of your internet plan. In that case, consider simply upgrading to a better plan.
Reset the modem and router. In public settings you will sometimes need to open the browser and to agree to the terms and services to access the hotspot. Changing the DNS server can make the connection more stable and increase internet speed. Enter the DNS addresses manually to your router configuration page.
Interference with network
In order to fix dropped signals and unstable connection, you can try the following:
- Remove the interference and get closer to the router
- Change the wireless network
- Replace the router entirely
Router cache overloaded
Check the current Wi-Fi status in the router. Typically, there should be a green light signaling that the router is enabled. If it is not working properly or malfunctioned, then it might show other colors like yellow, orange or red. If this is the case, then turning the router off and on should solve the problem. If you can see other networks, then the problem is most likely with your router and not the tablet itself.
The screen on the tablet is frozen or unresponsive.
Problem with video RAM memory or rogue app
Your device may have an overload in its video RAM memory due to too many apps running. To check if this is the case, do the following:
- Turn off the device
- Restart the device by pressing the Power button
- See if your device functions properly. If it still freezes, go to the next subsection in this guide.
There may be a technical problem with one of the apps on your device. To check if this is the case, do the following:
- Turn off the device
- Press and hold the Power button
- When you see the Samsung logo on the screen, let go of the Power button and then hold the Volume Down button
- After the device has restarted and “Safe Mode” flashes on the screen, let go of the Volume Down key.
- See if the device still freezes while the tablet is in safe mode
- If it does not freeze, an app on your device is causing the issue. To solve this, find and uninstall the rogue app. Start with the apps that were running when the device froze.
The tablet is hot to the touch and is overheating.
Rogue app or software malfunction
It is normal for tablets to heat up at times. This is often an easy fix.
- If the tablet is only heating up while charging and not getting to dangerous levels this is normal.
- Go to Settings>Battery. See if any app is using a large percent of the battery. If this is the case, close this app.
- If you have a microSD card try unmounting it using settings>storage. Take the microSD card out of the tablet and restart the device. This could be due to something downloaded on the microSD card.
- If the tablet started overheating after a software upgrade, either downgrade your tablet or wait for the next update.
Faulty battery or charger
This can be caused by a serious problem with the battery or charger.
- If the battery you’re using isn’t one from the tablet’s manufacturer replace it with one that is.
- Use multimeter to measure the voltage of the battery and charger.
- If the voltage is too high replace the battery or charger.
Tablet Fails to Charge
The tablet will not charge its battery when plugged in.
Foreign debris in USB socket
First, check to see if there is any debris or foreign objects in the USB socket, then plug the device’s original charger firmly into a different socket. If the device still does not charge, turn off the device and attempt to charge it while it is offline.
Third party charger or app
First, make sure you are using the standard USB charging cable that came with the device. Third party chargers can sometimes cause issues in the charging process. Next, check to see that the USB charging cable is firmly connected. Sometimes the charging cable can be loose and affect the charging rate. If the charge rate is still slow after fixing the cable, plug the charger into a different wall socket. If the problem persists, disconnect and then reconnect the USB charging cable from the power block multiple times and make sure the final connection is firm. If the device is still not charging properly, try a factory reset to rule out any third party apps causing the issue.
Bluetooth Not Syncing
The bluetooth adapter of the tablet will not sync to other devices.
Distance too far
Make sure the bluetooth is charged and turned on. Make sure the two devices are close enough to each other, and if that does not work, restart both devices.
Pairing system error
Restart both devices. If that does not work, then delete the device from the phone and rediscover it.
Sometimes the device is simply not compatible with certain bluetooth devices. Make sure the devices are compatible in the first place. Look at the manufacturer’s website for a list of compatible devices.