Yes, the HDMI port on the PS4 is quite a bit different from the previous consoles; thus VERY easy to break, and also making the repair a little more difficult without the proper tools.
The best way to replace the port is with a hot-air rework station, an ultra fine point soldering iron, and a high-powered microscope.
Here are the steps:
1) Remove the motherboard from the case, and clean the old thermal paste.
2) Apply flux to the existing port connections, then begin heating the posts and pins evenly with the rework station.
3) Once the existing solder has reached its melting point, use tweezers to SLOWLY remove the old port.
4) Now clean the board, and inspect for any damaged traces (depending on the severity of the port damage)
5) Now position the new port in place, add solder to the posts to hold it in place, apply flux to the pins, and then individually solder each pin to the motherboard using the soldering iron.
Providing you followed the steps, the unit will boot like normal once you re-assemble.
That said, if anyone needs any assistance (or advice) with their repair, please give us a call anytime!
We are more than happy to help.