Power button cord on my Gateway NV55C keeps short-circuiting, why?
There was a first short circuit, that burnt my power button cord. I replaced it with a new one, but about a week later it did it again. There's a jack or a connector that you stick the pwr button cord in, but I don't know what it's called. Anyway, that thing got burnt the fist time. What is the problem that caused the short circuit in the first place? And also how can I find out the name of that jack thing? And another problem is that it is micro soldered, but I'll figure it out. I'm not a big computer guy, I don't know the terms and how to deal with programs. I just know how to take stuff apart, solder it, and put it back together, please help me if you can. Any guesses would be much appreciated, thank you!