Why isn't the Intel wireless adaptor recognized by Windows 7 or 10?
I've come here because the troubleshooting and Googling has provided me with fixes to try, but I've yet to find a solution.
Naturally, I have the little red 'x' on the Wi Fi symbol on the bottom right task bar. (The Internet connection does function 100% via Ethernet cable, fyi.) In Windows' "Network & Internet,", the "Wi Fi" option has been non-existent. And, the Wifi card (Intel Ultimate-N 6300AGN) is not shown in "Device manager" anywhere, nor in the "Hidden" menu.
For the sake of keeping this description somewhat limited, I won't go over everything I've tried in my troubleshooting. I'll mention the basic things I've tried, and if anyone is so kind as to offer a suggestion, I'll mention then if I've tried what is suggested (hopefully not :)).
I pieced together this unit with parts that have all functioned (and with the exception of the Wi fi are still functioning) previous to installation into this rendition of an X220. I can't for the life of me figure out this Wi Fi problem. It's a good little device otherwise, with an SSD, 8 GB memory, Windows Professional, and an i5-2520M under the hood. I just can't connect it when unplugged. This has been in my shop for about a month now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
**So for the sake of general information:
- This isn't a problem that arose after upgrading to Windows 10. It was an issue with 7 as well. I reset and upgraded to Windows 10 and the problem remained.
- Since, I've reset one more time in an effort to clean any potential inconsistencies.
- I have downloaded/updated drivers from Microsoft, Lenovo, and 3rd party sites.
- I've physically changed out the Network Card: I've tried 2 different "Intel Advanced-N 6205"s and the "Ultimate-N 6300" to no avail.
- The network switch is "ON" :) (i.e. Bluetooth works, and it is looking for a "Cellular" connection, but I don't have a sim in there, nor do I want that. "Cellular" is a setting listed in "Network & Internet.")
***Open to suggestions of any sort!
Thank you in advance!