How to remove PH000 keyboard stripped screws?
I want to replace my keyboard, but I have an issue with two of the tiny screws of the old keyboard.
I tried with no success :
- using PH00 and PH000 screwdrivers with a rubber band
- using glue with a PH000 bit (i waited for 30 minutes fo the glue to dry)
- using various other bit to get a grip
I think i only have two options now :
- use a rotary tool to make a mark horizontal mark in the head of the screw, and hope to unscrew with another screwdriver
- use soldering iron to attach the screw with a metalic part or a screwdriver bit, and unscrew it this way.
I don't know what's best, or what could work... those screw are so tiny it make the work harder. Plus, the two solutions above may damage the old keyboard (but this is not the most important I guess, since I'm replacing it).
What do you think, any other ideas, or advice ?
좋은 질문 입니까?
Hi there I don't know if you're still active here but I really need help I have the same problem and have been trying for over a month now.
I've tried the same things you had tried with no success and just had some questions.
Which rotary tool did you use?
How did you go about removing the screws?
How did the stuck screws affect the keyboard when typing?
Probably talking to myself as this post was 4 years ago but heyho I'm desperate so.
Ian Baah 의
Hi, i don’t remember exactly what kind of rotary tool was used to drill the head of the screws. I think it was some kind of dremel.
All the other screws were removed with a PH000 screwdriver.
The stuck screws are not a problem with my laptop, everything works fine. Only the mute key is a little hard to get but definitively not a problem to me. I guess i was lucky thoses stucked screws were not in the middle of the keyboard.