Keyboard and Trackpad won't work but respond to an SMC Reset?
I have a MacBook Pro that won't respond to anything keyboard wise.
- Won't allow to Safe Boot
- Won't NVRAM/PRAM Reset
- Won't let me select a disk in ( 'alt') Startup Disk Mode
But this will respond to an SMC reset.
Trackpad appears to click once but not force click.
Anyone got any ideas?
Also so far I've tried:
- Disconnected the trackpad cable the keyboard still doesn't appear to get power as the 'Caps' Lock button doesn't go green, but the machine still responds to an SMC reset.
- If I plug in an external keyboard the machine responds to that, which implies that it is hardware related.
- Booting to an external operating system the machine then works fine.....
- I have previously tried re-installing the OS (MacOS Sierra 10.12) but this made no difference.
Anyone got any ideas whatsoever ?