MacBook does not power on, but does chime when I connect power.
Edit: I believe I was on Catala 10.15.3
My issue is that the laptop will not turn on, the screen stays black, I don’t even see the Apple logo.
It was working a few hours ago, I shut it down, then less than an hour later went to turn it on and it did not turn on. Both times it was not connected to any external accessories, although on most days I do use the Vava VA-UC006 USB-C Hub for both an external display and charging.
- No Fan
- Caps lock button does not light up when pressed
- Screen stays off
- I DO hear the chime when I connect it to power.
- Power button seems to work (kind of). If I connect my phone to it, it’ll charge/stop charging when I hold the power button down and turn it on/off but nothing otherwise.
Steps taken so far:
- Attempted both SMC & NVRAM Reset by both myself and apple
- Apple Genius Bar opened it up, disconnected the battery and reconnected it
I’m still under warranty, and Apple has ‘repaired’ it twice for this same exact issue. The first time they replaced the logic board, the second time they replaced everything but the screen.
I would love ideas as to:
a - how to fix it
b - what kind of things I might be doing that could lead to this kind of issue.