How do I change front struts
how do I change front struts, and the spring spacer
Unveiled at the 2000 North American International Auto Show on January 10, 2000, the redesigned 2001 Dodge Caravan and 2001 Chrysler Town & Country were released for sale in August 2000.
wendell cecil, this from the service manual:"
REMOVAL - STRUT ASSEMBLY
WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE THE NUT FROM THE
STRUT ROD WHILE STRUT ASSEMBLY IS
INSTALLED IN VEHICLE, OR BEFORE STRUT
ASSEMBLY SPRING IS COMPRESSED.
(1) Raise the vehicle. See Hoisting in Lubrication and Maintenance.
(2) Remove the wheel and tire assembly from location on front of vehicle requiring strut removal.
(3) If both strut assemblies are to be removed, mark the strut assemblies right or left according to which side of the vehicle they were removed from.
(4) Remove the hydraulic brake hose routing bracket and the speed sensor cable routing bracket from the strut damper brackets (Fig. 40). CAUTION: When removing the nut from the stud of the stabilizer bar link, do not allow the stud to rotate in it’s socket. Hold the stud from rotating by placing an open-end wrench on the flat machined into the stud (Fig. 41).
(5) Remove the stabilizer bar link from the bracket on the strut assembly (Fig. 41). To do so, place an open-end wrench on the flat machined into the link’s mounting stud, then remove the nut while holding the wrench in place. Push the stud out of the
CAUTION: The steering knuckle to strut assembly attaching bolts are serrated and must not be turned during removal. Remove nuts while holding bolts stationary in the steering knuckles.
(6) Remove the 2 strut assembly clevis bracket to steering knuckle attaching bolts (Fig. 42).
(7) Remove the 3 nuts attaching the strut assembly upper mount to the strut tower (Fig. 43) and remove the strut assembly from the vehicle.
(8) To disassemble the strut assembly, (Refer to 2 - SUSPENSION/FRONT/STRUT - DISASSEMBLY).
지난 24시간: 2
지난 7일: 15
지난 30일: 41
전체 시간: 3,872