Which component could be damaged by magnetism?
My girlfriend accidentally put a 5000 gauss magnet on the keyboard, near the trackpad while the computer was running. Suddenly the computer broke down.
After that, i can turn on the computer and i only can see in the display an icon of a folder with that symbol on it "?". The hdd make an strange noise. I have replaced the hdd and i have introduced the instalation dvd in the superdrive, but when i turn on the computer the display still in white and nothing happend. I have tried to push "c" button for start from the dvd device but nothing happened.
I think that the keyboard could be damaged because the capital letters ligth doesn't work when i push it.
The rest of the computer seems to work fine. I can hear a normal noise and the display turn on...
Do you think that if i replace the topcase the computer could work again? Or maybe the magnetism could damage more components?
Thanks in advance!!!