How to change the compressor on 99 bmw
hoh to change the compreser on 99 bmw
bert mackey, try this:"
A/C Compressor, replacing
1 . Following manufacturer's instructions, connect an approved refrigerant recovery/recycling/recharging unit to A/C system and discharge system .
Do not discharge/charge the A/C system without proper equipment and training. Damage to the vehicle and personal injury may result.
2. Remove splash shield from under engine.
3. Mark A/C drive belt with direction of rotation . Remove A/C belt tensioner trim cap. See Fig. 34.
4. On 4-cylinder engines: Loosen A/C belt tensioner bolt under trim cap, then remove belt from A/C compressor.
Fig. 35 . 4-cylinder engines: Loosen retaining bolt A on tensioner to release drive-belt tension. To increase tension, rotate pulley in direction of arrow, then tighten bolt A.
5. On 6-cylinder engines: Release tension on A/C belt by turning tensioner pulley clockwíse (against spring tension).See Fig. 36.
6. Disconnect electrical harness connector from compressor.
7. Remove A/C pressure hose and suction hose flange bolts from compressor. Plug hoses immediately See Fig . 37.
8 . Remove compressor mounting bolts . See Fig . 38. Re-move compressor by pulling downward from underneath car.
9. Installation is reverse of removal.
" Always replace O-rings when reconnecting refrigerant fines.
" When installing a new compressor always replace receiver/drier unit.
10. Before recharging, evacuate system for at least 30 min.Recharge system following equipment manufacturer'. Hope this helps, good luck.
해당 답변은 도움이 되었습니까?
Make sure you go to a certified A/C technician and have them recover the supply(R-34 or R12) in the system before you change it or you risk getting it sprayed on your hands or eyes. After that, simply look at the bolts that hold it onto the hold where it is on. Should be 4 bolts.
해당 답변은 도움이 되었습니까?
24 시간 전: 0
7일 전: 8
30일 전: 23
전체 시간: 1,884