Burned components after water damage
I got water damaged(light water spill inside a backpack, near ABXY keys) 3DS XL for repair or to sell as parts. Ofc I want to do the former.
It does not turn on, nor charge, and after visual inspection i found 2 obliviously fried components:
- Charging IC (CKP, which is apparently Texas Instruments bq24072)
- Element DA4 near Wi-Fi card, marked D60(still unknown what it is, probably some LDO)
Picture of the place(metal sheild that should be under Wi-Fi board is removed):
Both fuses are not blown by the way.
So questions are:
- What is element DA4 and where can i get one aside from other 3DS?
- How to diagnose further to make sure i won't burn these components or anything else right after replacement?
- Is nintendo boards have elements glued to? I cant lift anything from board using hot air gun.