Help me diagnose iPhone X Face ID move iPhone a little lower
Hi! I have an iphone x with face id and selfie camera portrait mode not working. For the moment I don't know if any of the internal components were changed or not.
Here is what I know:
- face id fails to detect a face during the setup process. Keeps sending the two messages: move iphone a little lower/higher
- Animoji works ok though
- Flood illuminator also works as I can see it with an older camera
- Proximity sensor and autobrightness are functionally
- Attention thing works (when picking up the phone it turns display on if it detects any human face)
- Front camera works (without any blur) aside from the portrait mode (It says move further away and only takes a normal photo)
- Back camera works ok, portrait mode is functioning
- Phone has liquid indicator turned red (unfortunately I haven't saw this before buying it)
- The phone seems to have been opened up before as the adhesive was loosen whet I opened it up.
- I have tried to clean the dot projector and the infrared camera along with the lens on the front glass but without luck
- I have tried also the DFU restore, and every type of reset
- Iphone is running ios 12.3
My question is that if the display is changed without transferring the other components from the glass assembly, will iphone send the faceid unavailable error or it could just never let you setup it like in my case?
Has anybody been able to repair an iphone x with these symptoms?
Thanks a lot!
Photo taken while trying to set up face id
좋은 질문 입니까?
I have the exact same problem too and the local technician told me it cant be repaired. I suspect it’s the dot projector that is faulty/blocked I wanna be sure before I open the phone up.
Gregory Beh 의
Same issue...just randomly quit working and when trying to reset it doesn't appear to have the ability to recognize or record my facial features. It just keeps asking me to move the phone up & down with my face 10-20 inches from the face-block. Super frustrating b/c I take good care of my stuff so there is no reason it shouldn't work.
Jay Lucas 의
Same here - higher lower 10-20 inches but everything else works. WTH
Te Al 의
I was having this issue...just kept telling me to move iPhone higher/lower. I just cut it off for about 30 seconds and powered it back on and it set up fine. Mine only did this after I erased my original Face ID I had set up and tried to reset a new one. It’s working now...good luck!
Jessica Hatfield 의
These are @%^$$@$# &&^&^$^ people of IPhone . I am sure iPhone is make fool of people . I am also facing the same type of issue . What is the resolution . Please help here
Rudra Prasad 의
30에 댓글 더 나타내기