@quetzalgirl could be a failed water inlet valve. This should work for yuor washer as well:
The usual issues with the WON’T FILL would be
1. Check water connections to machine.
2. Check for plugged screen in water source.
3. Log valve. See TEST #2, page 9. (attached Tech Sheet)
4. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
5. Check harness connections
Check the water level sensing components:
TEST #6 Water Level and Pressure Transducer Calibration
This test checks the water level sensing components, and calibrates the pressure sensor.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Access the machine/motor control assembly. See Accessing & Removing the Electronic Assemblies, page 14.
3. Check hose connection between the pressure transducer on the machine/motor control and the pressure dome attached to the tub. Check to ensure hose is routed correctly in the lower cabinet and not pinched or crimped by the back panel.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Drain the tub until all water has been removed from tub.
6. Remove all clothes from the machine.
7. Calibrate the pressure transducer:
➔See Activation of Manual Diagnostic Test Mode, page 3, and perform steps 1 and 2 until the display shows 00 and the Add A Garment indicator LED is flashing.
➔Press and hold the Cycle Signal button until a single beep sounds, and the display shows to indicate zero calibration has completed.
➔Exit Diagnostic: Manual by pressing STOP or POWER.
8. Select POWER ➔ wash cycle NORMAL ➔ START.
9. Verify that the tub fills to the top of the impeller plate (impeller models) or to a level above the agitator vanes (agitator models), but much lower than the SUPER Load Size water level.
➔If the water level does not fill to this level, replace the machine/motor control assembly. See Accessing & Removing the Electronic Assemblies, page 14.
Maytag Bravos Tech Sheet
See if you can give us the complete model number for your washer. Let us know what you find.