Background and Identification
The late 2020 Mac mini is updated with Apple’s new M1 chip, marking the start of their transition away from Intel-based systems. The Mac mini Late 2020 joins the MacBook Pro 13” Late 2020 and MacBook Air 13” Retina Late 2020 as the three devices to initially sport the new Apple silicon.
Starting $100 lower than the previous generation Mac mini at $699, it is available only in silver.
Identified by model numbers A2348/EMC 3569.
- Apple M1 3.2 GHz 8-core CPU, 16-core Neural Engine
- Apple M1 integrated 8-core GPU
- 256 GB PCIe-based SSD, configurable to 512 GB, 1 TB, or 2 TB
- 8 GB of unified memory, configurable to 16 GB
- Support for two simultaneous displays:
- 6K at 60 Hz (via Thunderbolt)
- 4K at 60 Hz (via HDMI 2.0)
- Thunderbolt 3
- Native DisplayPort over USB-C
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Height: 0.63 in tapered to 0.16 in (0.41–1.61 cm)
- Width: 11.97 in (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 in (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 lbs (1.29 kg)
- 2× Thunderbolt / USB 4 port (Thunderbolt 3, USB-C 3.1 Gen 2)
- 2x USB-A 3.0 port
- 1x HDMI 2.0 port
- 1x gigabit ethernet
- 1× 3.5 mm headphone jack