My name is Tommy Chang, a 4th year international student from Panama currently completing my BA in Information Technology at York University, Toronto, Canada. Few of my aspirations is to work in Cyber-security for a few years followed by an MBA which I intend to do it in Europe due to my fascination with their architecture and lifestyle. It is my hope to tackle tough challenges with technology and to inspire others to get into STEM.
Due to my eagerness to learn, I have been able to pick up new concepts and technologies through school, workshops, and conferences. These are the following:
· Familiarity with architectural patterns and web services technologies such as MVC, IMPLICIT INVOCATION, WSDL, RMI, SOAP, JAX-WS, XML/JSON RPC; experience writing technical documentations.
· Strong understanding of OSI & TCP/IP models and protocols: SMTP, FTP, HTTP, DNS, UDP, TCP.
· Familiarity with security approaches, frameworks and vulnerabilities including OWASP Top 10, ISO 27001, CIS, Octave & TARA approaches, NIST framework.
· Highly experienced in Windows OS, MAC OS, Linux, Active Directory, CITRIX, and PowerShell.
· Exceptional skills in Digital Marketing and Market Research including SEO, AdWords, SPSS, Link-Building, MS Project, and Analytics
In addition, I have worked in the IT industry for more than 2+ years where I was working on a data migration project with more than 500+ users from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office 365 platform. To sum up, my team and I are hoping to contribute to iFixit’s mission to reduce environmental waste. The project will help us to improve how to capture problems and communicate it with the audience effectively.
FUN FACTS: I like to make silly noises for fun. I can speak fluent Spanish despite of being Asian. I love sweets.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!