IBM ThinkPad R40 Troubleshooting
- If while over the period of using your laptop, its performance becomes slower and slower, in not just the open internet browsers, but also with local programs, it may be because of a RAM problem.
- If your laptop restart's randomly while in use, or if it freeze's periodically, it may be because of a RAM problem.
- If your screen flashes a blue screen with while text before starting, this may be because of a bad memory.
- if you find that your files are randomly corrupted, this could be because of a RAM issue. Or, it could be because the file structure of your hard drive may slowly be becoming un-bootable.
- If you have many failed attempts at installing a new program, this could be because of a RAM problem.
- Power Surges; make sure to plug your laptop and other expensive electronics into surge protectors.
- Electrostatic discharge can cause damage to many computer components. To avoid this, make sure you ground yourself by touching a piece of metal before handling your laptop.
- Excessive heat can cause damage to many components in your laptop.
See guide for further information on how to replace computer RAM sticks.
- If when you push on the key, multiple letter's type, the key could be sticking, and this could be due to a broken key.
- If when you press on the key, and nothing happens. This could be due to a broken key.
- Dust could be in the keyboard. You can test this by wiping out the keyboard.
- Food, or drink may have spilled into the laptop, causing the key to stick.
See guide for further information on how to remove key with tweezers and either reinstall it or replace a key with a new one.
The computer can not pick up a wireless internet signal, even though it indicates one is present.
See guide for further information on how to replace WiFi card.
- Loud clicking sounds whenever the computer accesses data from the hard drive
- Laptop's tend to wear out faster, so the outdated hard drive could be due to how old the laptop is.
See guide for further information on how to replace hard drive.
[잘못된 안내서 링크]
- Fan is making loud noises.
- If you use your laptop on a cloth surface, the fan is pulling in dust and hair from the cloth cause the fan to clog, and your laptop to overheat. You should always use your laptop on a hard, flat, non-cloth surface to ensure the correct functioning of your laptop fan.
See guide for further information on how to replace the laptop fan.