Samsung SPH-A500 Troubleshooting
Phone Won't Turn On ¶
Plug phone into charger making sure that the charger is plugged into an outlet.
If problem still persists it can be do to the following problems.
Dead Battery ¶
- Make sure battery is properly connected
- Replace battery
Broken Keyboard ¶
- If power key is broken replace keypad
- Replace keypad using our repair guide: Samsung SPH-A500 Keypad Replacement
Unable To Hear Anyone ¶
Muted Earpiece Volume ¶
- Check the ear piece volume to see if the device has been muted or put to a low volume.
- If volume muted or to low to hear, turn up the volume of the earpiece.
Broken Ear Piece ¶
- If volume is up, you may need to replace the earpiece.
**To replace broken earpiece follow this link: Speaker Repair Guide
Screen Looks Black ¶
Dead Battery ¶
- Try plugging your phone into a compatible phone charger.
- Make sure that the charger is plugged into an outlet.
- If screen still remains black, you may need to replace the battery or the screen.
Broken Screen ¶
- If screen is cracked (or the phone has sound but no image), you may need to replace the LCD screen.
- To replace broken front LCD screen, follow this link: Front LCD Repair Guide
Keypad Button(s) Missing or Broken ¶
Replace Keypad ¶
- To replace the keypad, follow this link. Keypad Repair Guide
Person I'm Talking To Cannot Hear Me At All ¶
Bad Reception ¶
- Find a better place to make a call or get a new service provider.
Broken Microphone ¶
- If reception or other external causes are not the issue, your microphone may need to be replaced.