kudran, yes it can. The ASD relay is located in the Integrated Power Module (IPM), in the engine compartment. Refer to label on PDC cover for relay location.
To test the relay see if this helps. When the PCM energizes the ASD and fuel pump relays, terminal 87 connects to terminal 30.
This is the On position. Terminal 87 supplies voltage to the rest of the circuit.
The following procedure applies to the ASD and fuel pump relays.
(1) Remove relay from connector before testing.
(2) With the relay removed from the vehicle, use an ohmmeter to check the resistance between terminals 85 and 86. The resistance should be 75 ohms +/- 5 ohms.
(3) Connect the ohmmeter between terminals 30 and 87A. The ohmmeter should show continuity between terminals 30 and 87A.
(4) Connect the ohmmeter between terminals 87 and 30. The ohmmeter should not show continuity at this time.
(5) Connect one end of a jumper wire (16 gauge or smaller) to relay terminal 85. Connect the other end of the jumper wire to the ground side of a 12 volt power source.
(6) Connect one end of another jumper wire (16 gauge or smaller) to the power side of the 12 volt power source. Do not attach the other end of the jumper wire to the relay at this time.
WARNING: DO NOT ALLOW OHMMETER TO CONTACT TERMINALS 85 OR 86 DURING THIS TEST. DAMAGE TO OHMMETER MAY RESULT.
(7) Attach the other end of the jumper wire to relay terminal 86. This activates the relay. The ohmmeter should now show continuity between relay terminals 87 and 30. The ohmmeter should not show continuity between relay terminals 87A and 30.
(8) Disconnect jumper wires.
(9) Replace the relay if it did not pass the continuity and resistance tests. If the relay passed the tests, it operates properly. Check the remainder of the ASD and fuel pump relay circuits.
You may be going down a very deep rabbit hole. Remember that Chrysler had incredible trouble, including multiple lawsuits and recall's based on TIPM issues. I've just gone through $$$$ repairs based on TIPM issues...... so your issue may not be isolated to the ASD relay.
It's the electronic ignition switch...the black thing on the left of your steering colume....cost $30
Gary Easley 의
Did you ever fix this?
Michael Klipphahn 의
Where is the ASD on a 2005 Ram 1500?
I have the same problem, and would love to replace the fuel pump relay except no one seems to offer them for sale any more.
Any ideas on where to buy one?
Doc Faust 의
I have a 2006 2500 mega cab airbag abs brake light check engine light AC doesn't work no heater replaced the tipm did not change anything any suggestions
Jesse James 의
I have a 2004 ram 1500 4.7 with a , runs a second or two and shuts off . The battery also goes dead over night .
Robert Wadford 의
3에 댓글 더 나타내기