Fungus on LCD screen
I just encountered something weird on my laptop. FUNGUS!!!!! It must be them as you can see in the picture. Yesterday it was only just a very tiny dot on the screen. After one day, it got this big.
Is there anyway that I can clean it myself? Appreciate if anyone can help me :)
Update 1 (1/12):
I haven't fixed until now, I am in the middle of the exam so don't have time to fix :( I think I will do it within 2 days.
@mayer yeah, it's not a retina display, quite old already, mid 2010, and yep, I'm in southeast asia, currently in Singapore.
@gigabit87898 yeah may be? cause I am seeing some other "stripe" on the screen now. But I don't know how the water can get inside the display. I never bring the laptop outside nor spill any kind of liquid on it. haizz
@oldturkey03 the growth is very very bad :( btw what is the diffuser sheet? Is it the glass?
BTW, is it ok to use bleach to kill this thing as @joshw suggested. after using the bleach, should I leave the panel for some times before reassembling it back?
Here's the picture of the most up-to-date condition :(
Update 2 (4/12):
I tried to dissemble the glass but I failed. It was too brittle that it started to shatter as soon as I pulled the glass up. I am ordering a new front glass now and it will be arriving in 1-2 weeks time. I will update you guys as soon as I receive it.
Update 3 (28/12):
My friends and I managed to disassemble the glass and we all hoped that it was on the glass but no :( it's still there, inside the LCD screen I guess? We did use IPA to clean the screen but no effect. I think I will have to order another LCD screen for replacement. This is how it looks like now, really bad right? I guess the mold has won this fight lolol
For this one, I didn't notice it at first. Now, I'm wondering if it is the mold or the screen malfunction itself.
좋은 질문 입니까?
@nganh , Weird! Probably not a necessity, maybe you should have that stuff/mold tested at a local college/university and see how harmful it might be and where it possibly came from. Just a precaution! Good luck with your device.
L Pfaff 의
@lpfaff1 I don't think necessary leh, since it's just some kind of normal mold? But I will be careful when I open it though
Pham Nguyen Anh 의
Now we know how the Zombie Apocalypse starts....
Was this fixed? I found this when looking for Mac book air case to protect against MOLD! lol
I had mold inside my fan (black mold = toxic). I have to sell it, but just bought mack book air for school. Need to find good case and sleeve to protect against mold in case it’s in my apartment!
John Marc Perez 의
Sadly, no John. I had to replace the whole LCD thing. I think it was within the LCD itself.
OMG, how do you discover you have mold in your fan? I think that the case won't be of much use in protecting our macbook against mold. They will find a way into our macbook. Our best chance is to keep it away from the damp environment
1에 댓글 더 나타내기