주요 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

2014년 9월 19일에 출시된 이 5.5” 스크린 iPhone은 iPhone 6의 큰 버전입니다.

1527 질문 전체 보기

Isopropyl alcohol damaged the digitalizer?

Yah so I have a 6 plis that won't go past battery charging screen, think it needs new battery but thats not the problem, the problem. Is that I spray ed99.9% isopropyl alcohol behind the display (metal sheet was off) and now the screen looks all messed up and water damaged. Is this possible? I tested the screen a little before spraying and didn't have this problem, also I put a new screen on (black on white) and don't have the problem, I assume it's my fault but I thought 99.9% isopropyl was safe for electronics...?

답변되었습니다! 답변 보기 저도 같은 문제를 겪고 있습니다

좋은 질문 입니까?

점수 1
댓글 달기

답변 3개

선택된 해법

Hi @natedawg22

Did you disconnect the battery from the systemboard before spraying the IPA, you didn't say? If not there's the problem.

Even if the phone is off, there's always power somewhere on the systemboard. The power button is not a power isolating button. Its function is to signal the intentions of the user i.e. turn on, off, sleep etc. Think of the phone as being in an extremely low power state when off and not that it is totally disconnected from any power

Regarding using IPA, people should always read the label on the product. It states (in most cases) to use in well ventilated areas and to seek medical advice if swallowed. The information is all there but it is very hard to protect people from themselves.

BTW I think @aactech is not quite correct regarding IPA 99%+. It will conduct electricity when still in a liquid state albeit not so readily. The only liquid that is guaranteed not to conduct is distilled water.

The beauty of IPA99%+ it is that it evaporates quickly and leaves no residues, conductive or otherwise once it has fully evaporated unlike "rubbing alcohol" which some say is OK to use, as this is usually <70% IPA and can contain additives which do leave conductive residues.

해당 답변은 도움이 되었습니까?

점수 3
댓글 달기

Hi Nate,

To help clear up some misunderstanding read below.

*99.9% isopropyl alcohol is NOT safe. It is used with electronics because it is effectively non-conductive, evaporates quickly and does not leave mineral residue but remember a liquid is a liquid and 99.9% isopropyl is a solvent. 99.9% meaning it does not contain water and thus no suspended minerals.

*It is also dangerous:

  1. Highly flammable so keep away from heat, sparks, open flame and hot surfaces.
  2. Causes serious eye irritation as a liquid or a vapour.
  3. May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
  4. Do not get on eyes, skin or clothing.
  5. Use with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)

해당 답변은 도움이 되었습니까?

점수 2

댓글 2개:

@natedawg22, I can't tell how serious you are, but there are three kinds of alcohol; isopropyl, methyl and ethyl. Ethyl alcohol is the kind you drink; the other two are toxic poisons and will kill you if you drink any significant quantity of it; isopropyl will get you drunk if you swallow enough of it, but at that level it's got a mortality rate of 45%. Methyl alcohol is used in things like paint thinner and antifreeze.

And yes, isopropyl alcohol will cause dizziness and drowsiness, along with diarrhea, vomiting, dehydration, respiratory failure, renal failure, coma, organ damage and death.

So yeah, dangerous.

https://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/articl...

@natedawg22 cool your jets and watch your responses. People are spending their free time on here HELPING others, including you. They do not need/deserve your juvenile responses. Your aggressive stance and comments toward the volunteers on here, is becoming a point of discontent.

댓글 달기

To answer your question, yes you have knackered your screen by spraying alcohol on it. Alcohol shouldn’t be anywhere near a screen.

해당 답변은 도움이 되었습니까?

점수 1
댓글 달기

귀하의 답변을 추가하세요

Nate dog 님은 대단히 고마워 할 것입니다.
조회 통계:

24 시간 전: 1

7일 전: 3

30일 전: 18

전체 시간: 338