Red screen of death
When i am starting up the console a red screen appears is there any solution for this?
The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006
maarten I would try this first
1. turn off your ps3 with the switch in the back
2. hold the power button down
3. keep holding the power button down and turn the PS3 back on(do this while holding pwr button) switch back on the ps3
4. If its done correctly, your PS3 should make a loud fan noise causing the fans to enhance for a while. This could clean out anything that might cause overheating.
You can also try to
1) Turning it on and off again.
2) Try resetting your console- Place your console in standby mode (when it shows the red light) then press and hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps. This will reset your console settings however it COULD affect your hard drive data.
3) To make sure it is not caused by a loose cable, turn off your console, unplug all the cables except the power cord then plug them back in.
4) Try taking out the hard drive and putting it back in. The instructions to do this are in your user's manual.
Also make sure that you have good airflow and that your PS3 is not buried in a carpet or anything else that may restrict the airflow.
Good Luck for now and let us know what happened so that we can continue to assist you if needed.
Im having the same red screen on my ps3. Its says on the screen serious error contact technical support for help. I have replace my hard drive with a brand new one because I tried everything and nothing work. It still has the serious error red screen even with a brand new hard drive in it. Any suggestions?
I've fixed this!!
This just happened to me for the first time, my PS3 was fine for years and I've just registered on the Playstation Network, low and behold it's red screened on me!
1. Turn off the switch at the back. Hold the power button down near the red light, the fans will blow a little harder then it will shut down again back to the red power light. Hold power on again and wait for two bleeps then let go of the power button.
2. Press the PS button on your contrroller (it must be connected via the USB charging cable). From the menu select option 3 - Restore file system.
3. Go through the menu prompts. It might make it all the way only to end up as a red screen again, this is frustrating but repeat the above steps. Even try restore system etc (this will wipe any data, my system couldn't even do this without red screening so go back to a file restore if yours is the same).
4. I set my display resolution to 1080i instead of 1080p and it works again perfectly. I'm not sure of the significance of this and I'll change it back to 1080p at a later date now I know how to fix it.
Maybe the cause is a component failing who knows, but it seems to be a software issue as the restore filesystem mentioned an area of corruption that needed repairing.
Either way, it was fine until I joined PSN. Who knows.
지난 24시간: 6
지난 7일: 50
지난 30일: 207
전체 시간: 28,531