I have Hp laptop NC6400. Needs help BIO password
Tony, try this
1) Turn off computer
2) Disconnect AC adapter
3) Remove battery pack, and remove the laptops keyboard
4) Disconnect RTC (Real Time Clock) battery (located underneath the keyboard, the red/white wire)
5) Leave off for five minutes
5a) I reconnected the AC adapter and powered on the laptop at this stage (before RTC battery was re-connected) This wipes the CMOS memory.
5b) Turn off computer.
6) Reconnect the RTC battery and reassemble the laptop
7) Reconnect AC adapter (DO NOT REINSERT ANY BATTERIES AT THIS TIME!)
8) Turn on the computer and enter the BIOS by pressing F10
9) Set the new BIOS password (if required) and save all settings.
10) Turn off the laptop and reinsert the battery
Credit for this needs to go to one of the forums, but I have it saved on my HDD for just such questions. So, credit to the unknown....:-) hope this helps.
해당 답변은 도움이 되었습니까?
24 시간 전: 0
7일 전: 0
30일 전: 15
전체 시간: 4,769