Background and Identification
The Dell Latitude 2100 is a netbook laptop aimed primarily toward school kids. It was introduced by Dell in 2009. Dell Latitude is a series of business laptops primarily designed by Compal and Quanta. Dell launched the Latitude line in the early 1990s with the XP series. There are various sub-series within the Dell Latitude line. The components in Dell Latitude laptops are designed nearly identically from model to model so consumers can easily maintain their devices.
The Dell Latitude 2100 runs on the Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 operating system, the Windows XP Home SP3 operating system, or the Ubuntu Linux version 8.10 operating system. This model is sold with an Intel Atom N270 processor with an Intel 945 PM/GS Express Chipset. It includes an Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950 graphics card. The 2100 model’s 10.1-inch display is sold either with or without touchscreen capabilities.
The Dell Latitude 2100’s trackpad is centered with the computer’s base. The name “Dell” is printed in capital letters in the center of the computer’s bottom bezel. “Dell” is also printed inside of a circle in the center of the computer’s backing.
For help identifying your Dell laptop, visit Dell’s support page here.
- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic SP1
- Downgrade, Genuine Windows® XP Home SP3 installed
- Ubuntu Linux version 8.10
Processor Type: Intel® Atom™ N270 (1.60 GHz, 512KB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
Chipset: Intel 945 PM/GS Express Chipset
Graphics: Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950
- 10.1” WSVGA (1024 x 576) LED Display
- 10.1” WSVGA (1024 x 576) LED Display with touchscreen
- Dual-Channel DDR2 Memory
- 512MB or 1GB Integrated Memory Option
- One Memory Slot offering up to additional 1GB (total memory up to 2GB)
- Memory Bandwidth 800MHz
Battery: 3-cell or 6-cell “Smart” Lithium-Ion Primary battery featuring Express Charge™
Power Supply: 65W AC Adapter featuring cord wrapping
- Solid State Drives up to 16GB
- 5400rpm Hard Drives up to 250GB
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless LAN: Dell Wireless 1397 (802.11g), Dell Wireless 1510 (802.11a/g/n 2x2), Intel WiFi Link 5100 [802.11a/g/n (1x2)]; Intel WiFi Link 5300 [802.11a/g/n (3x3)]
- Bluetooth: Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth 2.1
Security: Dual Kensington Lock Slots
External Media: Optional 8X DVD±RW/±R External USB 2.0 Rewritable Drive
Collaboration: 2 speakers, digital microphone, optional VGA camera
Expansion: 3-in-1 card reader
Ports: USB 2.0 (x3), VGA, headphone/speaker out, mic
- Starting weight with 3-cell battery 2.91lb/1.32kg
- 10.43” x 7.36” x 0.89” – 1.57”; 265mm x 187mm x 22.5mm-39.9mm