Background and Identification
The late 2020 13” MacBook Pro is updated with Apple’s new M1 chip, marking the start of their transition away from Intel-based systems. The MacBook Pro 13” Retina Late 2020 joins the MacBook Air 13” Late 2020 and Mac mini Late 2020 as the three devices to initially sport the new Apple silicon. This 13” MacBook Pro is visually identical to the previous model.
Starting at $1299, it is available in either Silver or Space Gray.
Identified by model numbers A2338 / EMC 3578.
- 13.3" LED-backlit IPS panel with True Tone; 2560 x 1600 pixels (16:10 aspect ratio, 227 ppi); P3 wide color gamut; Lower resolutions supported
- Apple M1 3.2 GHz 8-core CPU, 16-core Neural Engine
- Apple M1 integrated 8-core GPU
- 256 GB PCIe-based SSD, configurable to 512 GB, 1 TB, or 2 TB
- 8 GB of unified memory, configurable to 16 GB
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Built-in 58.2-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 17 hours of web browsing, up to 20 hours of video playback
- Height: 0.61 in (1.56 cm)
- Width: 11.97 in (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 in (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 3.0 lbs (1.4 kg)
- 2× Thunderbolt / USB 4 port (Thunderbolt 3, USB-C 3.1 Gen 2)
- 1× 3.5 mm headphone jack